Dear Patients of Institute for Athletic Medicine,
We want to assure you that we are taking prudent steps to ensure we keep our office healthy due to COVID-19 and flu and virus season. With the careful guidance and advice of the CDC, local officials, discrete steps are being taken to prevent illness and further spread.
Our office has always exceeded the recommended guidelines of OSHA sterilization protocol and safe practices. Being a healthcare facility, this is an everyday normal activity where we have been formally educated and trained.
Beyond our regular high standards of equipment, instrument and treatment room disinfection we are taking extra steps to keep our environment safe and healthy for our patients and staff such as:
- Sanitization of commonly touched surfaces such as door handles, restroom fixtures, handrails, entry doors, hardware, and elevator buttons.
- Hand sanitizer and antibacterial soap is in every treatment room and hallway. Hospital grade disinfectant wipes are used after each and every patient.
- Employees eat in designated areas and disinfect their hands when leaving these areas.
- Laundry our Laundry protocol is to wash and dry clothing over 170 degrees which will kill all viruses.
- Staff are asked to stay home if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms. Any team member exhibiting signs of being sick will be sent home.
We need your help!
- Please wash your hands frequently using soap.
- Cover all sneezes and coughs with a tissue or elbow.
- Avoid touching of eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you are experiencing ANY symptoms of illness, please stay home.
- Practice Social distancing – CDC recommends limiting close contact with others as much as possible (about 6 feet).
- If you have traveled to any of the high-risk areas (Level 3 Travel Health Notice countries – China, Iran, Italy, South Korea), the CDC is asking travelers to stay home for 14 days from the time you left the area with widespread, ongoing community spread, and practice social distancing.
At this time, with the latest information we have, we are and continue to be in full operation. We will advise immediately if anything changes. Keeping our patients and employees safe and healthy is our top priority.
Thank you for making this a priority as well!
Dr. Samani and IAM Staff